Thursday, February 18, 2010

Christmas 1994

Waking up at 3:00 a.m. in the morning i never would have imagined that this would be the last Christmas that I would be able to spend with my best friend.
My mom and i were living at my great-grandparents house in Draper, Utah. I woke up as any 5 year old child would ecstatic to see what Santa had brought to me. I woke up my mom first. She see seemed just as excited as i was. She told me to wake up my Nana and Papa. I woke them up. We all met in the living room where our beautiful Christmas tree was standing.
My mom got out the video camera and recorded everything everyone opened. She loved seeing the smiles on everyone's faces. She didn't even care about her presents. We got a super nintendo and a few games from Santa. I was jumping with joy. My mom and I played all day. Donkey Kong was her favorite. Even if i would have known that day that it would be one of the last days i would get to spend with my mom I would have wanted to spend it the same. We had so much fun together.
I loved hearing her laugh and seeing her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment