Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not every memory is a happy one


I remember waking up to loud banging. I looked around and my mom was sitting in front of my bed rocking back and front with her head in her knees. I remember her saying something about don't let him in. Before i even got a chance to talk to her i hear a bang louder than the previous ones...
My mom got up and ran out of my room. I followed. Her boyfriend Patrick broke down our front door. He had a knife in his hand and he was screaming at my mom. I remember the look of terror on my moms face. I remember him yelling to me, "I'm going to cut your mom up and feed her to the fish. You'd be next. Do you want me to cut her up and feed her to the fish!" He was swinging the knife around. He got her. He stabbed her in the shoulder...
She picked me up and we ran for the car. We went to the police station and they took my mom. I sat in a cold dark room by myself wondering if she was alright.
That's all i can remember from that day...
Patrick, her boyfriend killed himself soon after that. My mom still attended his funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment